Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hungry for Summer!


Here's a few activities that keep my clients compliant and engaged throughout the entire session! Read the book, make some art and of course play on the iPad!

READ THE BOOK:
I've been on a "Hungry Caterpillar" kick!  First I read the story to my clients and tell them they will read the story.  All my Pre-Schoolers tell me, "But I can't read!" I assure them they can!  Then using felt pieces I made (A.C. Moore sells iron on paper! I just scan and iron onto white felt) my clients "read" the story.  It's great to see how proud they are when they finish and I get to tell them they read the story!

*Leave a comment with your e-mail address and I can send you a copy of the pieces so you don't have to scan!*

ART PROJECT:
A fun companion activity we do after is we make our own symmetrical butterflies.  Using scented dot markers (Wal-mart!) we make dots and designs and fold our paper in half to make symmetrical designs.  The kids think it's neat, I love the dot markers cause they don't make a mess and we get to explore some sensory integration with smell!
*Remember those great markers your elementary art teacher let you use! Check out all their products*


INCORPORATE THE BELOVED iPAD:
I was able to grab this app during a free app sensational sale (Check it out)! I have my kids follow directions and practice counting!


ARTICULATION
need, dot, more, me, same, mmmm, one, two
Mandibular control: dot, need
Labial-Facial control: more, me, same, mmmm
Lingual control: one, two


LANGUAGE
sequence; first/next/then/last, labeling (food items), counting, answering/asking "WH?", predicting ("What do you think yellow will smell like?"), follow directions





Smell ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment